Friday, April 15, 2011

Amore Gourmet Pizza

Price: Affordable
Atmosphere: 1 out of 5
Quality of Service: 4 out of 5
Food Overall: 4 out of 5

I'm going to ask you to close your eyes for a minute. Wait, that won't work, since I need you read this. OK, OK just envision this then: A fresh out of the oven pizza pie, covered with homemade sauce and mounds of gooey cheese. Now, lovingly top all of that with thinly sliced meatball, sausage, pepperoni, ham and finish it off with fresh bacon pieces.

Now, come back to me for a minute. Did you see it? Were you able to get a whiff? That feeling....that mental flavor explosion you just endured...you can obtain it in the physical realm. All you have to do is seek out the restaurant they call AMORE.

Amore Gourmet Pizza, located in Davie, Fl., probably has the best meat pizza I've ever tried in my entire life. Now I'll be honest: It's not the 'best' pizza I've ever had, but let me explain. The best pizza I ever had was made by a short and stubby Egyptian man, who did Chicago style deep dish, in the middle of Paris. France.

And that was 17 years ago. So, the chances of me finding that location again (or getting back to Europe) are slim I'm sure, so I'll go out on a limb and say this is the best pizza I've eaten. Ever. Now of course I'm speaking of the gourmet meat pizza solely. However I have tried Amore's other pies and they are quite tasty.

But let's be real here: No one is just a pizza joint anymore. That's so 1982. Amore has a full menu to tantalize your taste buds, from handmade subs to lasagna and chicken parm (In reference to the sub, do yourself a favor: Get the meatball. And make sure your mother's not nearby; she may get slapped.)

In fact, this is the joint that made me start a food blog in the first place. I was reading a few other places online, and out of the thousands of eateries covered, not one mentioned Amore. Could be because it's tucked away in a shopping center. I didn't even know it was there until my buddy pointed it out, and I'd been going to that plaza for years to shoot pool.

It's hard to call it a restaurant, as there's only one small table with two chairs inside, so basically it's just a take-out type joint. But we've (my foodie patriots and I) been coming here for a long time, and there's no sign of stopping. I knew that this place, this server of marvelous meat mounded on delectable dough, had to be first on the review list.

So if you love yourself...do you love yourself? I bet you do. You're a great person. You work hard. You pay your bills (I hope). Don't feel bad; it's not an ego stroke. I love me some me as well. So, if you love yourself as you SAY you do, then you deserve a trip to Amore. Make that trek, no matter where you are. Enjoy the journey to TastyLand.

After all, it's just da(m)n good food.

Amore Gourmet Pizza
8922 West State Road 84
Davie, FL 33324-4411
(954) 475-8877

1 comment: