Friday, November 4, 2011

Under the Sea (in Orlando, FL) - Sharks Underwater Grill


Price: Pricey
Atmosphere: 5 out of 5
Quality of Service: 4 out of 5
Food Overall: 4 out of 5

As this was my birthday weekend, the wife and I made plans to have lunch at a key attraction in Sea World (our park of choice this trip to Orlando). I'd read about it before, but I really had to experience it for myself. I mean, Jaws IS my favorite movie.

Where, you ask? Sharks Underwater Grill inside the Sea World park. Unfortunately they don't take phone reservations, but you can head over to the booth right at the front gate to reserve a lunch or dinner time here. So that's what we did, and I spent the day wandering through the park and anxiously awaiting 12:30pm.

Like with my Paris (Las Vegas) review, this one is primarily about the atmosphere. When you walk in, you are led down a short flight of stairs and then you see it: The entire restaurant is underwater, surrounded by a tremendous tank filled with large fish and SHARKS. Big, hungry looking, gliding monsters swimming around as you dine and stare in wonder.

It was...amazing. But ambiance aside, the food was definitely worth sinking your teeth into (pun intended). The picture above is of the Shark's Romaine Salad, which is kind of a play on your traditional Wedge.

It's a large heart of romaine, covered with crumbled gorgonzola, crisp bacon pieces, freshly diced red onion and a raspberry ranch that was just phenominal. That set the tone for the main dish, which was (in my case) a Chicken Portabello: Grilled chicken breast, juicy and flavorful, topped with portabello mushroom slices marinated in a blasamic glaze, and served with sweet potato fries.

It was a (semi) health conscious meal, and didn't bog me down, so I could get back to my thrill rides in the park. I seriously recommend dining here if you're in the Sea World park. The food is spectacular, and the view is worth dying for. Luckily, there's several feet of glass between you and the sharks, so you won't have to.

After all, it's just Da(m)n Good Food.

Sharks Underwater Grill
Sea World Theme Park
Orlando, FL
http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/Sharks-Underwater-Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment